BUTLER CUBS BOXING
The Cubs Hall has been serving the Butler community since 1880. It originally was the YMCA and provided a place of athletics and comaraderie for young men in Western Pennsylvania. The Cubs Hall organization bought the building 1932, quickly making it coed and has continued the tradition of meeting the needs of men and women.
Boxing in Butler County had its start in the YMCA and continues on to this day through the Boxing Outreach Program. From humble beginnings in the racquetball court to it's present location occupying the whole second floor of Cubs Hall.
Many Golden Gloves champions have been trained here along with several professional boxers.